Tuesday, June 29, 2010

happy sixteenth birthday Jake...


Sixteen years ago today we were on our way to the hospital to have our second child.



Another girl the doctor said.



On the radio was the story of a local firefighter who lost his life doing his job. "He was a Good Jake" the newscaster said. Jim and I already had our names picked out ~ it was going to be Jake if it was a boy. Right then and there I knew the doctor was wrong and I was having a boy...my Jake.
So cute and sweet with a little wild side in him too...
He is still cute and sweet as well as kind and caring, respectful and loving. He is always there when I need him and he makes me proud every day...

Happy Sixteenth Birthday Jake...Love Mom!!



If you would like to know where the term "Good Jake" came from take a peek here.

9 comments:

Sandi said...

Happy Birthday to Jake today!!! Aren't son's wonderful???? (and daughters too! lol) I hope he has a wonderful day and many many more birthdays!!
Blessings~

AnthonyRose'sShabHome said...

Happy Birthday to Jake!! Wow where did sixteen years go!

Victoria said...

Happy birthday to your little man, he's so cute!

Wow, I can see the print you mentioned and it does look alot like that!! Mine is about 2 feet in length though so it's pretty big, I have it hanging over our bed and have fears it's going to clonk us in the head if we have an earthquake. I like the soft colors in yours!

Unknown said...

wow...nice story! Happy B'day to your "sweet" sixteen!

Passionate for White said...

What a great story and such a handsome young man!!

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

What a sweet story Sandi:) That was interesting to learn...I've never heard that term and I grew up with a firefighter family, my Papa was the fire cheif in Attleboro Falls til somewhere in the late sixties, then there were uncles and cousins to follow. Anyways,
Happy Sweet Sixteen to your precious Jake!!

Rose said...

happy 16th birthday. sounds like you are well loved.

Vintage Remixed said...

Happy Birthday to your handsome guy. I know what you mean about time flying. My cousin just turned 16 this month and I remember the day she was born.

Anne Lorys said...

Happy Birthday, young man!
You've got a good lookin' son there. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails