Monday, August 30, 2010

season of change...

Hello and Happy Monday! I hope you all enjoyed your weekend! It was a beautiful one here but it went by way too fast. Another heat wave has moved in on us here in New England. Our town does not start school until September 7th but high school sports are in full swing with practices well underway with some upcoming scrimmages. It will be so hot this afternoon for my son's soccer practice. He has a scrimmage tomorrow night and I can not wait to see him play again... Our campground is getting quieter with each passing day. A lot of towns start school this week. I took a walk around my little neighborhood on "the hill" and took a few photos of my friends campsites. They look so pretty and peaceful ~ just waiting for their next arrival...
All of my neighbors do such a wonderful job setting up camp each season, taking pride in their site and making it look so nice...
Planting flowers for unexpected pops of color... Personalizing their site and adding things to remind them of their summers growing up like the beautiful sound of an old fashioned screen door opening and closing... It is so nice that everyone keeps their site looking pretty because... The places we gather on my site are quieter now too...
But this weekend the laughter will be back with good times and great friends to celebrate the Labor Day holiday weekend. Thank goodness I have something to look forward to because I have a busy week ahead. Remember my post back in May about the princess suite? Jaclyn was coming home for the summer and I knew her room would not look so sweet for a while. That seems like yesterday! My girl worked so hard this summer waitressing, bartending and doing an internship as well. I did not get to spend much time with her but I know she had a great summer. The next few days we will spend packing all her "stuff" back up to move back to school for her senior year! I feel the tears welling up as I type. My little girl will be graduating college next year!!! I thought I just put her on the kindergarten bus... She will be turning 21 in just a few short weeks... This photo was from our 2009 Disney trip. I did not even see her enough to take a new photo of her this summer! She only made it to our campground once. It was a season of change for me this summer ~ both good and bad. It was good, actually great that Jim and I were able to go on vacation to Aruba without the kids but it was also bad, actually more sad that Jac has outgrown the campground and was home. At least I have a few more years until Jake wants to stay home too. While our nest will soon be half full, I do miss this... I miss having my whole family together ~ all together and smiling! Hmmm, another Disney photo ~ I think I just might be getting the bug again! Well, thanks for visiting today ~ I should probably get busy packing. Although you know I will do a bit of blog hopping first!

7 comments:

NanaDiana said...

What a beautiful tribute to your camping "neighbors" and daughter. I guess I will have to go back and re-read some of your posts. Do you spend the summer at the campground...or do you live there permanently....or do you own it? So many questions...and I know none of the answers. lol

Now THAT is a campground. Did you see our "NEW" camper? uh-huh...sure you will get a kick out of that little "baby" when you have time to pop by my blog. If you camp you can appreciate my heart rate speeding up a bit the other day.

I love Disney too. It is one of the highlights of our family life together. I lived in FL when it opened and was about the 10th person in line the day Disney opened the gates. The lines were excruciating back then..but no one minded.

Your daughter is a lovely girl. Who ever imagined when they were babies that all of a sudden they would be 20? Not me...not me...Diana

Heaven's Walk said...

Hi Sandi - it's amazing how quickly they all grow up and leave the nest, isn't it? It's sad but exciting at the same time. Hey, your campground looks so nice and neat and clean! How wonderful it must be to have such nice neighbors for the summer! Thanks for sharing pics of your home away from home. Have fun packing, girl! lol! And we'll see ya back home!

xoxo laurie@heavens-walk

Victoria said...

Ugghh, you gave me teary eyes:( My oldest son turns 21 in January so I know what you mean about rarely seeing them. He works 5 days a week and when he's not working he's with his girlfriend and now with school starting back up I'm sure I'll rarely see him.

Your campground looks like such a fun place to spend the summer!

I've been so lazy about blogging this past week, I can't think of anything to blog about!!! Hopefully some inspiration hits me soon:)

Passionate for White said...

What a beautiful family you have indeed!

AnthonyRose'sShabHome said...

Ugh you made me a little sad! As I said before when i first met all of you I was just 20 not quite 21! Jac was 2 and Jake not born yet And you and Jimmy were 29 I was thinking at the time wow there OLD LOL!! today I had some alone time Gianna at the cape with my mom and Jay had not one but two pool parties. Sometimes I say oh this is nice I needed that but i know i will not like when they are gone all the time. Gianna calls me 3x a day so its nice to know she does still needs me and misses me!! Loved your post XOXO

Anne Lorys said...

Your baby is so beautiful!
You have every right to be the proud mama. :-)

Have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Anne

Miss Gracie's House said...

It is truly the season of *change*...enjoy those games while they're here!
Rene

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails