Friday, December 24, 2010

o christmas tree...

One of the best traditions of Christmas for me is putting up the tree.  Over the years I have managed to go from handing each child an ornament and telling them exactly where to hang it to watching them do a beautiful job, all by themselves...
The last few years it has just been my son Jake and I putting up the tree together.  I even let him pick the music this year.  I think he did a wonderful job!  This was the first year I did not put every single ornament on the tree that I own.  I kept it simple with a mostly white palette, a hint or two of reds and lots of sparkle.  New this year were a few of the vintage sheet music ornaments I made...

And a few of the lovely ornaments I got from my fellow shop girl Karen of A Shabby Moment in Time...

I also adore the ornament my bff Lisa made for me...
Love the way she added the wispy white boa!  I did something similar last year.  I added some vintage inspired tinsel to some plain white ornaments... 
One of my favorite ornaments on our tree when I was little was this sweet, petite book...
I have some old favorites...

Mixed with some newer ornaments...


With a few birds perched here and there...
I also printed out a few sentiments of the season...

I did this spur of the moment before my friends arrived for my little get together the beginning of December with every intention to pretty them up a bit.  I decided I like them just the way they are...
Weren't they this little just yesterday?  I used to tell them if you want to wish for something...
You must believe...
I would also remind them that Christmas is not just about what might be under the tree...
But who is around the tree and who we are remembering in our hearts.  A day to count our blessings and be thankful.  A time to be with family and reminisce of Christmases long, long ago and remind the kids how cute they were when they thought they heard the reindeer on the roof...
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!  
Before Santa comes tonite take some time and visit Debra for Vintage Inspiration Friday over at Common Ground!
Merry Christmas!!

17 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Beautiful tree- Beautiful sentiment from a Beautiful Blogger~
A Very Merry Christmas to you and your family- xxoo Diana

Unknown said...

joyeux noel mon amie!

Sandi said...

LOVE the sayings your printed out for your tree. I may have to steal that idea for next year...IF I can remember it that long! LOL
Blessings~

Victoria said...

Your tree is beautiful Sandi and so are all your ornaments! Enjoy your family and have a wonderful Christmas my sweet friend:)

P.S. My cherub on the deck that I bought with the CNS gift card survived the pummeling of rain we had beautifully!!! He was so pretty, glistening with raindrops:)

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

Oh I love your tree Sandi!
Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas:)
paula

My Shabby Streamside Studio said...

I love all your holiday posts, Sandi, thanks for sharing.
C’est ravaissant!

Joyeux Noel!

Sandy @ My Shabby Streamside Studio

http://myshabbystreamsidestudio.blogspot.com/

Lottie said...

What a beautiful tree! Wishing a very Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Unknown said...

Merry, merry Christmas, darling! Love these gorgeous ornaments! XX!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Sooooo PRETTY! Merry Christmas to you and family.

Blessings,
Linda

Unknown said...

oui..oui...let's try to meet in 2011!

Hearts Turned said...

Such a beautiful tree & lovely ornaments, Sandi! I love the idea of adding sentiments to the tree--I'll have to do that next year!

You're always inspiring and I love all that you share, my friend...

Wishing you a most wonderful & Merry Christmas!

Julie

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours...Pam

AnthonyRose'sShabHome said...

sandi so pretty but better in person!! thanks for having us over tonight! always a fun time with you guys which reminds me how much fun and important our family is to us love you guys!

raggygirlvintage said...

Thanks for sharing all your wonderful, and meaningful decorations! I love the ones you made with sheet music!
Tracey

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Such a lovely tree and ornaments, Sandi! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

re:Inspire said...

Hello! Thank you so much for welcoming me back! You tree is just lovely...I especially like the music and silver garland ornaments you made! That special book you have...I have that same angel (but an ornament of her) that I used on one of my wreaths I had made for a craft show. You can see it on my blog if you scroll down a post or two!
Happy New Year! Looking forward to a great year full of inspiration!
Lisa

oldgreymare said...

Just loving your very personal and pretty Christmas tree.

Sadly mine comes down today.. I always hate to see them go....

xx
z

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails