Thursday, September 1, 2011

thank you girlfriends...

A few Fridays ago I posted about making memories.



As I was taking these photos for my post today I could not help but smile as I remembered when I bought this.


It was a rainy Friday in July and my girlfriends and I left the kids and husbands back at the campground and enjoyed a day of shopping, ending up at a local Mexican restaurant for lunch margaritas and lots and lots of laughs!


I purchased this old tattered and torn vintage inspired "book".



It may look like just an old book...


But I am going to use this secret compartment to hold my memories from this summer.  While relaxing this weekend at my campground I am going to take a few moments and write down some of my favorite memories and bring them home and put them in my old "book".


Now every time I look at this treasure I will remember my girlfriends and all the fun we had that day.

Thank you Lisa, Karen, Beth and Sue for a memorable day and for a lot of other moments in time that will be remembered in my "book" for years to come!
Love you all!

I am sharing today with Debra for Vintage Inspiration Friday and Courtney for Feathered Nest Friday.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Oh...and for all you locals The Wrentham Country Store is having a big sale this weekend right through next week!
Hope you can make it!

19 comments:

lvroftiques said...

That's one sweet book/box! Perfect for keeping special memories. Vanna

NanaDiana said...

What a great idea! A wonderful way to store memories...and it is a memory in and of itself! xo Diana

Unknown said...

Hi Sandi:
That box is so charming! You always find the sweetest treasures!
xo
Roselle

Privet and Holly said...

I am absolutely
smitten with the
idea of writing
down memories and
storing them in a
secret box! Now
I need to be on the
look out for one of
my own; hope you
don't mind if I copy!
xx Suzanne

Heaven's Walk said...

That's such a sweet way to remember your sweet times at the lake, Sandi. :) Sounds like you had a wonderful summer! Are you ready for autumn.....?? :)

xoxo laurie

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

I love the worn look of the box, it's pretty and functional! Great memory box! I wanted to thank you so much for stopping by and entering our giveaway!
hugs~~~ Daphne

Sandi said...

I have seen those books in Home Goods and TJ Maxx, but have yet to buy one. They are so neat though!!!!!!
Hugs~

Jane said...

Such a wonderful idea....will you have enough room in that "book" for all of your memories? It sounds like your weekends at the campground are full of them!
Hope you enjoy making some more this weekend.
Jane

trash talk said...

You got me with this one. I thought sure it was an old book. BTW...did you tuck the garter from your lunch in it?
Deb

Faye said...

What a smart idea! Have a wonderful weekend!
Faye

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Your secret box is so cool! It's really pretty too! I love your idea of filling it with reminders of special times with friends.

Ana said...

Oh Sandi,
What a sweet little treasure and such a special place to store all your summer memories. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it through the storm ok. Your treasure box is so pretty and perfect for tucking away your summer memories.

xo Abby

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Sandi, that is a sweet little memory box. I know you will place some wonderful things in there. Looks like you are keeping busy with all the cleanup, treasure hunting and fluffing going on. :) Hope your weekend is a good one. Best wishes, Tammy

Deborah March said...

SUCH a lovely vintage piece...such a lovely memory!

Deborah (happily visiting from http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com)

andrea@townandprairie said...

That book is really neat, but even more so I'm loving your satin bow and rhinestone pin! So vintage glam! andrea @ townandprairie (my icon is the chicken :) )

Kathy Owen, Petticoat Junktion said...

Love your book box. Thanks for stopping in to look at my Fabulous Finds.

Amy Kinser said...

What a sweet little hideaway.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I love the tattered look. Perfect for keepsakes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails