Friday, September 9, 2011

vintage classroom charts...

Hello and Welcome!
I would like to say thank you for keeping my secret on my new collection from Jim.
You all are the best!

Today for Vintage Inspiration Friday I have these vintage classroom conception charts from the '60s to show you...

These belong to my friend Sue (hi Sue!) and are in wonderful condition.  There are five sets of twelve cards and only one is missing...


I just love the old graphics and the colors are great too.  There are ones that teach about the weather...


A set all about animals...

Another set teaches about sight and sound...


And another is all about plants...

My favorite set is the kindergarten one.
I have been feeling a little sentimental this week.
My baby started his senior year of high school on Tuesday.
Where did the time go?
Heck, where did the years go...


This next one reminds me of Jake being my happy little camper during past summers and now he is driving off to school...

Hmmm...do you think he might like to drive this to school...

What a beauty!
A customer pulled up in this a few weeks ago and I snapped a quick photo.

Thanks for hosting today Debra and thank you all for stopping by and taking a peek at these great old charts...

Look for these in my Etsy shop soon!


Have a wonderful weekend!

18 comments:

Polly said...

very fun! I love stuff like that! wishing your son the best for his senior year!!

Linda Breedlove said...

LOVE these charts... would they work for cards or are they really large?

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

I totally remember school charts like those ~
Happy Senior Year to your son!

Okio B Designs said...

Oh man, what a fabulous collection! I will be on the lookout for them in your Etsy shop for sure! Love em!

Jeanine

Ana said...

How fun are these? I just love vintagey stuff like this. Ooooh, and I love your crown collections too. I won't tell your hubby if you don't tell mine about my new butter knife obsession...ummm...I mean collection...Hee, hee, hee. Have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Anna at the Doll House said...

Funny to think that children will never again need to learn that there are 12 inches in a foot.

Just thought I'd let you know: I bought a big black iron half-crown yesterday, after seeing your new collection. My husband hasn't noticed it yet.

Anna

Unknown said...

brigns me back...way back! these are so adorable and nostalgic! love..love!

NanaDiana said...

Those ARE great old charts...and your secret is safe with us! xo Diana

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

So cute Sandi! I love these old images of the good ol' days. Wow, your son is a senior. It's exciting, but I can see how you are sentimental. My boy will be there before I blink an eye.
Have a great weekend,
Susan

Faye said...

Hi Sandi...I can't believe I wasn't already a follower!!! I guess I'm just so used to checking your blog often. Time sure does fly...much too fast! Wishing your son has a great senior year!

Faye

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

How fun! I really like the sunlight and plants chart.

Privet and Holly said...

As an {elementary}
school kid for part
of the 60's, I can
so relate to these
fun charts! And my
daughter is a junior,
so I agree about the
TIME....let's slow it
down....please??!
xx Suzanne

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

These are wonderful...so cute with their sweet graphics. Those were the days when everything was so simple.
Oh yes, they do grow up so fast. Senior year is the best!

Ricki Treleaven said...

Those vintage school charts are fantastic! They are in such great condition, too. Also, congratulations on your win! You are a lucky duck!

Sandi said...

Those charts are really neat Sandi! ALMOST makes me want to be a kid again! :)
hugs~

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I love the graphics on these. They make great wall art for kids rooms.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

So cute! Time does just fly by and all of a sudden your kids are grown! Sweet post!

Carolynn Cecilia said...

oh la la! I love these charts!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails